Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Julia Cell

The Julia Cell
By: Colston DiBlasi
Math 401 Mathematics Through 3D Printing
George Mason University
12/4/19

This is a Julia set. For this Julia set the function that I chose to use is (z^2 - 1)/(z^2 + 1). The reason why I picked this function is because when I was messing around online, I figured out that thus one reminded me of a cell. That is why I called this print the Julia cell. When typing the code, I could figure out how to make it 2d but I struggled to make it 3d. Eventually I graphed all of the points then made an image mesh. From there I did the region product of it in order to give it some height. This is what my code looked like:








When writing the code to print some struggles that I encountered the majority of my problems. The main problem that I encountered was trying to get my print time down. When I printed it vertically it was over 36  hours long. I did print it on a raft on the makers bot. This is what my final print looked like:



No comments:

Post a Comment